Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Shoebox Computer

Sam is loving the desktop computer these days. He loves to play "ABCs" as he calls it, on http://www.starfall.com/. It's an amazing program my friend Beth introduced to us.


Today we made a shoebox computer. I gave him an old CD I found in the garbage (Bill just doesn't think creatively when he throws things away) and made a slot for it. Then I put a book above it as a "screen." He LOVES it. So cheap, so easy. It's the simple things, really...

4 comments:

noahandlylasmommi said...

that is so cool beth!!

Jeffrey & Shannon said...

You are so creative! Maggie would love this; thanks for the idea.

Jeffrey & Shannon said...

What is that book he's looking at? Is it for kids?

Teesa said...

He's reading "365 Days of Baby Einstein"

http://www.amazon.com/Baby-Einstein-365-Days/dp/0786819081

Great book! Uncle Matt gave it to him for Christmas.