He refuses to go outside without his Thomas jacket on. Yes, Nan, if you are reading this, it used to be one of your boy's jackets. Can you believe it resides in the mountains now?
Last night Bill was telling Sam that he was rough and tumble and such a boy, to which Sam replied, "No, Daddy! I'm cuuuute - I'm a girl."
Needless to say, I was accused of teaching him all the wrong things during the day. What can I say? I think the problem is that Bill is teaching him only girls are cute and boys are rough and tumble. It can work both ways, you know...
My job today is to teach him that he's cute AND a boy. Later, I'll teach him that he's rough and tumble and cute and I guess, eventually, I'll have to lose the "cute" all together.
Ahh, the joys of parenting! I love it!
4 comments:
Sometimes Steve gets worried about Nate! He doesn't want him to turn into a momma's boy... so he is constantly telling him to 'toughen up'. So far we are okay - Nate isn't to wimpy - but he does love his mom! It is just hard growing up with two older sisters!
Cute pictures of Sam!
I so recognize it! And he is cute and it is totally ok for him to think so! He will out grow it anyway, so don't rush it! Glad he enjoys the jacket! I have pants that match if I can get Jacob to give them up...they are too short on him. What size is Sam wearing in pants?
I love your new blog!! Did you make the header?
I'm sure Nate will exert his manliness soon enough!
Nan, I didn't realize pants went with the jacket. I won't ever mention it to Sam though, since he's so crazy about the jacket. He may never stop talking about the pants!
He's still really little - 3rd percentile and only 25 lbs. His waist doesn't keep up most pants, so they must have elastic on them! Anyway, he's wearing somewhere between 18 and 24 month pants. As you can see, I have to roll up the sleeves on that jacket since it's a 3T.
Zsera - I got everything from cutestblogsontheblock.com . I just manipulated them a bit to fit my style. Check out her "themes" or things that compliment the backgrounds. Thanks for the compliment.
Post a Comment