Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Appointment Set

We finally have confirmation that we've got an appointment at 8am in Charlotte for our fingerprints to be renewed. Wow. I'll breathe a sigh of relief when they are officially done.

We'll spend the night in Charlotte and maybe even go to the new Ikea that is opening there after the appointment. I saw on the news today that people are already camping out to be the first in. It's below freezing, so I'm not sure where their motivation comes from.

Sam had some blood in his urine on Saturday night. We saw the doc yesterday and we are hoping some topical medicine will help heal him. If he's not better by next Monday, we may be looking at a surgical procedure to fix the problem. I'm hopeful that it's not going to come to that, he already seems to be getting better.

I keep forgetting to mention that my great Aunt Lou introduced me to an amazing product called Nok-out. It gets rid of odors in clothes and around the house. She gave me a free sample of it at Thanksgiving and Bill promptly used it on our diaper pale.

You are not going to believe me, but it completely took the smell away. We are now using Sam's diaper pale as a garbage can and we don't have to evacuate his room every time we open it up. It is amazing stuff. You can go here to see what it's all about. I don't normally endorse products on here, but this one is amazing and I really stand behind it. Check it out.

It's environmentally safe and safe to use around children too. That's great for us, since we make all our own cleaning products in this household.

6 comments:

The Menius family said...

So now you need to post the "recipes" of your cleaning products. I am starting to make my own as I use what I already had on hand. I have a book called Green Your Clean that I have gotten some "recipes" from. But I would definitely be interested in this topic.

Do you make your own detergent??

In the past 4 years I have been canning,freezing,& dehydrating fruits & vegetables from the garden. It's scary when you look at the labels on your food. Most of the things I can't pronounce.

Good luck with the fingerprinting- keep us posted!

Teesa said...

good idea. Maybe I'll start a post with some homemade product recipes. Have you heard of the book "Healthy Child Healthy World" ? It's where a lot of them came from - but I haven't read the book myself. My friends all love it and have shared with me.

I'll make that a priority. I need to learn to can my own veggies. I still don't know, but we do make our own jam now. It is amazing what they put in processed foods!

The Brown's said...

We'll be praying as you go to Charlotte for the fingerprinting. Hope it all goes smoothly.

The Menius family said...

Just to let you know I heard on the news that the new Ikea had traffic snarled up for hours and that they had thousands of people at the store opening.

Teesa said...

Just don't tell Bill or he won't let me go!!!

That was just this morning, have they already opened this early?? Wow.

The Menius family said...

That was yesterday (Wednesday) which was the Grand Opening.

You'll have to let me know how it is if you go- I have never been to an Ikea store before.