We got back last night from our little trip to Charlotte to do our immigration fingerprinting. The appointment went really well and the folks at the office were very nice. They are clearly not the same folks who set up the appointment via email.
Thanks to everyone who prayed for us about this. Now we just sit and wait for a call that we've been matched, which is sort of what we were doing before anyway. The fingerprinting renewal issue came up while we were waiting.
We are hopeful that we'll be matched in March, but maybe it will be more like April. Our agency didn't have anyone matched early this month and I'm thinking it must have been related to the Chinese New Year. Once we are matched with our little girl (no, we don't know her yet), we will travel 5-8 weeks later to pick her up. During that time I'm sure we'll be scrambling to get clothes, bedding and everything else together. But, until then, we're not doing anything prematurely. We just wait.
Anyone else have a story about waiting they'd like to share with us? God can speak to us through waiting in so many ways.
2 comments:
Glad it got done!
Did you get to go to Ikea???
HEY - I see your DONATE button on the side of your blog... and I just did it; it was super easy!
By the way, I like the new look to the blog... the pic at the top is precious.
Post a Comment