I have been overwhelmed this last week with the items on our plate. The heaviest item is a fingerprinting issue we've been having.
We need to get our fingerprints "renewed" because they expire on March 20th. This is all for the adoption. This is also the third time we'll have to have renewed them - they apparently expire every 18 months.
I cannot go into the details too much, but let's just say the immigration office in Charlotte is being extremely uncooperative. Here it is, one week later, and they have assigned us a time that is unacceptable, nay, impossible, for us to keep.
We have had issues at every step of this adoption process. We still firmly believe that God has called us to adopt and are not going to give up because of a small hindrance, or a hundred small OR large hindrances, but it is beginning to be difficult to bear it all.
Pray for us that we would give this all to the Lord. We know that He will provide all that we need, and even work out a tiny appointment "glitch," but I really need His assurance right now that it will happen.
If you have some encouraging words for us, please email us or leave it in the comments, but please, do not post anything that says we should give up. I have heard enough of that - we are NOT going to give up just because the road is not easy. We know more than ever that this is what the Lord wants for us to pursue and we know that there is a little girl out there who is waiting for her family to come get her.
I am sorry to complain or whine about this, but I need some prayers right now. My heart is aching that my own government is making it difficult for us to bring an orphan into our home and love her forever.
10 comments:
I don't understand why anyone would tell you to give up. Stand firm like one of David's mighty men! You know we're praying for you like crazy.
Get those fingerprints! Sam needs a little sister!
Anybody telling you to give up should be bonked on the head repeatedly! Your path is your own, follow it with the knowledge that it will lead you to where you need to be.
With hugs, encouragement, support and love always,
Trish
Someday sweet Carolina will thank you a million times for NOT GIVING UP! Praying for your heart, friend!
Give up??? Not ever! What can I do to help exept for pray? I am waiting not so patiently for my granddaughter to join my grandsons. The Lord will guide you through, but you already know that.
Love you and praying Carolina will soon be here.
I can't believe anyone would tell you to give up. I have being praying for ya'll for months now and will continue to do so. Carolina needs to be with her family.
Oh yes, people have told us we should give up or even just delay. I'm afraid no one has all the information and they don't understand exactly what situation we're in.
If someone does have a word from the Lord, please bring it on. We are open to hearing it, of course, and want to do what He tells us to do.
Oh Teesa, Of course, you cannot give up! If people tell you that, I would just not even get into a discussion with them. This calling to your daughter is between you, your husband and the Lord. And He knows your needs and your heart cries before you even shed them. Just keep laying it all at His feet.
Ephesians 3:20-21
Wish I could come over and bring you a hug and some chocolate or something to cheer you up!!!
OK, I just saw your last comment. Someone told me while we were in China that I needed to go back and look at journals and/or our old website to see the hurdles God had already moved and to read of all the confirmations He had given us on the adoption journey thus far. Do you have a journal and/or have you had this blog since you began the adoption? If so, I would encourage to go back and read your very own private thoughts as you recorded God speaking to you along the way. It will thrill your soul and you give you resolve to just tell the nay-sayers that God does not often call us to easy roads but that He is always there going before us! Just don't let those types of comments get you down, b/c you know even if well-intentioned that they are more than likely not from the Lord. HUGS!
When I was 18 weeks pregnant with Justin and learned that he had a rare heart defect many people told me to give up. I followed my heart and my instincts and he is now a very happy, smart, normal 2 year old. I think that the people who recommend giving up are those who cannot handle the situation themselves. This does not mean that you cannot handle it. You are very smart and very strong and you will get there. Most things that are worthwhile take work and patience. And, there is little more worthwhile then your child's love. Glad to hear that Sam is doing well. I am so jealous that he is almost potty trained.
Post a Comment