
Here are some newer pictures of Samuel. He's really an easy-going peaceful child. His first night home was a little rough (cried for 5 hours straight!), but once we figured out that we had the AC too cold, that was rectified quickly. It's 5:40 in the morning right now and we've just finished a feeding. Sammy is wide awake and Bill is playing with him. We have a great routine to follow at nights now.
My parents saw how exhausted Bill and I were after the first night at home they decided to intercede. They really handled it well, with no 'I told you so's' or any of the expected comments (it helped that I was bawling when I saw my father for the first time after what we now call
"The Long Night." The new "plan" is that at nighttime, I am in charge of feeding and sleeping (myself) and Bill is the "shift manager." He is to wake up my parents when he feels he needs more sleep (an hour here or there). Knowing that that was taken care of really helped me to sleep well last night, when I was sleeping. I only had to get up about four times for feedings, since he is only feeding about every four hours (with a small two to three hour break in between sometimes). Sammy hardly cried at all, except for this last feeding, because my milk came in and he wasn't used to the taste. Kind of freaked him out, I think.
Check out how beautiful this blonde-haired blue-eyed boy is. Who would have thought a newborn could have so much blonde hair? It's actually over an inch long in some places...
This picture is when he had his first bath (don't mind me in the picture, the key is to look at him):
Here is Granddaddy Don holding him at the hospital:

This is me admiring him on Day 2 of his life (before I changed hospital rooms - long story):
This is my little breastfeeding area - lots of pillows (again, don't mind the tired woman in the picture, just look at her surroundings):

Here's another photo of his grandfather holding him.I will post more pictures as soon as I get them uploaded. Thanks again for your prayers. Please continue to lift up Gerry Ann, as she comes in tonight.
Teesa
2 comments:
Elizabeth just saw the close up picture of Sammy and ran up to the computer to kiss him.
I guess she knows what a cutie he is!
love,
erica
Teesa, You look amazing and don't worry, tiredness just becomes who you are :) at this wonderful time of your life. Hang in there - the real key is to learn to sleep when Sammy is asleep. That is truly how you survive and how you will enjoy this time.....
Little Sammy is very handsome and WOW you and bill done GOOD! :)
love to you-
Melissa
Post a Comment