Sammy William was born on October 2, 2006 around 10:15p.m. He is just under 20 inches long and weighed 7lbs 3.5oz.He has a full head of blonde hair and looks very similar to my twin brother Adam's baby pictures. Except, he's got his paternal grandmother's chin (Bill calls it the Haynes family chin, his aunts have it too). All in all, I think that Sammy is a perfect mixture of Gilbert-Klear.
He is a wonderfully peaceful little boy. He cried once after he was born and hasn't cried since. He's made some noises as I've tried to breastfeed him, but never a full-out cry. The doctors say he just seems so at peace and the nurses keep taking bets as to when he will cry. Bill said even when Sam got his first immunizations, he only crinkled his face up, but never made a peep. We're thrilled with this for now, but we know it will be short-lived.

The birth was difficult, but God helped us through it. I got a pair of diamond earrings from Bill as a present for working so hard!
Thanks to everyone who has prayed for us over these last difficult weeks. In the end, we needed a labor-inducing drug, which is so ironic since we had been trying to stop labor for almost 13 weeks. I'm exhausted now, so I need to rest. I'll try and keep up my posts to keep you all informed.
Teesa and Bill
3 comments:
How exciting! I can't wait to meet little Sammy! Send some close up pictures so I can see his sweet face.
That is funny about the crying... Anna was the same way - I don't think she cried the entire time we were in the hospital!
Congrats again and rest up!
Love,
Erica
Woo hoo! Congratulations, Klear family. Welcome to the world, Sam.
We are so excited- rest up and enjoy every moment. Man - time has a way of passing bye so quickly! ;)
love to you three....
Melissa and fam.....
Post a Comment