Thursday, October 19, 2006

Infections and beautiful babies DO mix

Even more pics of the little one. He's really changing shapes quickly. He looks more and more like a little boy now - his face is getting more long and skinny and his cheeks are nice and chubby. We can also dress him in onsies now that his umbilical cord has fallen off. We have so many clothes that people gave us, we're trying to at least dress him in everything once.

I still have some sort of infection, which is causing me to have a fever of 101-102F and have abdominal pains. I have had to start another antibiotic to see if this helps. If I don't improve by Monday or Tuesday, I'll have to have a laparoscopy to see if something more serious is wrong.

In the meantime, we're falling more and more in love with Sammy every day. If I felt 100% again, I might enjoy him even more. I can't wait for that day...


Sammy makes some pretty funny faces. This is us on a good day. He falls asleep while he's feeding and then we can pose him in all sorts of different positions.


Here's another position that Bill put him in. Those pants make him look like he's an old man. A cute old man though.


Here is Wendy, our lactation consultant, weighing Sam (he's inside the blanket) with a fish scale. He's finally back to his birth weight!


Daddy and Sammy.

This is my daddy and Sammy. My father seems to have some sort of calming effect on Sam. Whenever he holds him, Sam quickly falls asleep or just stares into my father's eyes.

No comments: