We were unable to celebrate Chinese New Year in the traditional way yesterday (tons of fireworks and fun), but I am taking my kiddos to the New Year's celebration at the library this week. This IS a big deal and as part of both of my children's birth culture, I'm going to do everything I can to keep that culture a part of their daily lives.
I'm still attempting to teach both of them Mandarin. Sam started randomly counting to ten yesterday and Carolina constantly says "come here" in Chinese.
What a blessing to have learned the language IN China. I'm doing my best here!
2 comments:
Jia You! It is not easy to teach them so young - yet it is easier to do it now rather than later! You can do it! And I'm sure there were so many fireworks going off here that you probably did hear them over there and just did not realize it! :) Thinking of you all today!
OH how I wished we lived closer and you could be our tutor! I would hire you!!! I so want to figure out how best to help Joel retain his heart language as you so beautifully called it!
I am looking at all options … I told C that I thought we needed to just all learn it. It seems impossible though … hmmm. We're going to try to do everything we can to help him retain it though.
Post a Comment