Carolina, on the other hand, has 101F fever.
I think the average child gets sick every 12 days or so...I guess we're better than average this Winter, but it still makes my stomach turn when these kids get sick.
I saw an allergist last week and was diagnosed with all kinds of crazy allergies. I have been so confused about the entire process and the diagnosis. I initially went to see him because of that strange hives/rash thing I have gotten a couple times. I had another occurrence just three weeks ago, in fact. But, the office manager and the nurse have told me that I am highly allergic to milk and mildly allergic to corn, soy, egg, peanuts, dog dander and mold. I could have told you about the mold, since I get migraine headaches if I'm around any, but the rest is a total mystery to me. I drink about a gallon of milk every five days, on my own, and eat lots of eggs, peanuts, corn products and soy products.
I still have been unable to see the actual doctor and the office manager isn't returning my calls right now. She had suggested that I have MORE tests done and start taking a serum that would help me tolerate the things I'm allergic to. Insurance doesn't cover the serum, but she says it would be cheaper the co-pay of allergy shots, for which I am ineligible.
I have eliminated milk and eggs from my diet, and will continue that for six weeks, but I don't see how this is going to help with those strange hives/rash that I get when I take a Sudafed product.
It's all a mystery to me. I have gone through the local grocery stores to see if it is actually POSSIBLE to eliminate the rest of that stuff from my diet and it is obvious it would be rather difficult. I can eat meat and vegetables, but nothing else, I suppose.
So, one week down and five more to go.
1 comment:
Check out the homeopathic section at Earthfare for some allergy "stuff". Some of it will work the same as allergy shots...building up an immunity to the allergen. We use a animal hair and dander for Jonathan when he is around dogs and cats, and a dust, mold and dander on days whenhe is stuffy. They seem to help him. I'm not sure how they work with food allergies, but you might want to check it out.
Post a Comment