We had another inch or so of snow last night. I don't know why it surprised me, but it did.
I realized a couple days ago that Carolina hadn't been out of the house in over three weeks, except once to go to the pediatrician's office. I think we've been hit pretty hard with this whole Winter thing. Finally the kids are starting to feel better...and that's when I wake up with a sore throat.
You can't win them all, I guess.
I was thinking this morning about how much I long for warmer weather. But, instead of dwelling on the incredibly wonderful things about Spring or Summer (especially here in the High Country!), I am going to make a list of all the negatives about warm weather. Maybe it will make me happier to stay in this season...
- Our neighbors leave their dogs out all night, and they bark all night.
- Other neighbors (college students) hold crazy parties that often get pretty loud.
- The sun comes up really early in the morning, forcing my children to wake up earlier.
- One of our neighbors is a professional landscaper, which equates to constant lawn mower sounds and weed eaters.
- We don't have air conditioning, which means we have to open our windows and enjoy a constant cool breeze...and the sunshine.
- My kids aren't sick for long periods of time.
- Fresh air. Fresh cut grass. Apples from the apple tree. Pears from the pear tree. Raspberries from the raspberry bushes. Blueberries from the blueberry bushes.
- Hikes with both children. By myself OR with friends.
- Picnic lunches outside.
- The Tot Lot.
- Windows down in my car.
- Swimming.
- Skirts, shorts, t-shirts, cute sundresses, sandals, flip flops, bathing suits, the beach...
2 comments:
Bless you! Come down here...wait, we got 4 inches last night! Ok, come here in a month or two!
You are so funny. I love how your list of all the terrible things of warm weather quickly turned the other direction. Hang in there. At least your kids have the "Bomb Mom" to get them through the winter. :)
Post a Comment