Monday, February 15, 2010

Vegan Cupcakes

As I have eliminated eggs and milk from my diet (due to an apparent allergy), I have had to get very creative with my baking.

Basically, I eat veggies and some sort of meat. I'm also trying to limit the amount of soy, corn and peanut butter I ingest, so that limits my ingredients list. In other words, no tofu. Actually, by limiting all of that, I'm only able to eat vegetables and meat. It's amazing to me how many products of soy in them. If not soy, then corn. If not corn, then eggs or milk. It's always one thing or another.




Last night I decided to try a Vegan cupcake recipe. I have really never eaten something that was Vegan that I enjoyed. I mean, Vegan items are usually palatable, but once that word "Vegan" is attached to something, I become hesitant.

But, last night we made this cupcake recipe and Bill and I were both blown away by how deliciously rich they were. We made our own almond milk the night before and used it in place of the soy milk. All in all it was so delicious. Try it and see!

1 comment:

Jeffrey & Shannon said...

Good grief that looks delicious! I'd eat one for breakfast right now!! :)