Friday, March 09, 2007

Bragging Rights

Can I brag about Bill for a bit? He has been so busy with one project in particular, that he hasn't been able to rest for a couple months. That being said, while we were on vacation, he got some much needed relaxation. He is quite handy with his camera and I want to share some of his photos. Mind you, I haven't edited them, so he may not be happy with me, but I think the raw footage is beautiful.

They were both taken at Rayong Beach. We weren't extremely thrilled with the location, but when Bill went out with Steve early one morning, he apparently found a lot of beauty in the area.



Now, I know what these houses looked like in person, so I can honestly say I wouldn't want to live there. However, Bill's photo makes me want to move in right away. How beautiful.



Moving on to the other Klear man...He learned to suck his thumb this week. He shoves his entire fist into his mouth, then fishhooks his cheek with his thumb, then sucks.

I have a theory about thumb sucking. I think an infant will suck the thumb of the hand they will favor. I sucked my left finger and I am left-handed, but my twin brother sucked his right finger and he is right-handed. I have more evidence to base this theory on than just my brother and I, but it's still a work-in-progress. I'll let you know how Sam turns out. I'd love for him to be left-handed, since I am the only one of my blood relatives who is (there is a rumor that my great-grandmother Mama Nannie was left-handed, but I haven't confirmed it yet).



And, finally, I wanted to post this picture of our family with the Mowery family (minus their daughters). This was taken on the day we dedicated him with our friends over here. Judah, the other little one in the picture, is three days older than Sam, and we anticipate them to be great friends as they grow up together. Sam slept right through the entire ceremony and apparently Judah was none-to-thrilled about having his picture taken. The parents are thrilled though - what a blessing to be able to promise to bring up our children according to His Word. And, what a blessing Sam has been to us. I have two great men in my life now, and I feel so content with both.

No comments: