Who sleeps for 13 hours in one chunk?! I am still getting used to this parenting thing and Sam keeps doing what I think are the oddest things. First, he put me on a schedule. I haven't been on a schedule in who knows how long. Second, he started saying, "Da da" at only 5 months old. Third, he fell asleep last night at 5:20 and woke up this morning at 7:10. Who DOES that?
I couldn't believe it when I realized Sam was "down for the night." He was still wearing his "street clothes." I wasn't prepared at all - since we have this nighttime ritual of reading two books and singing and then going to sleep. He totally missed his storytime.
Please, don't hear me complaining. I am thrilled that I got almost 8 hours of sleep last night. Around 9pm, I realized that I needed to get to bed as fast as possible, in case he decided to wake up at 3am and stay up. He woke up around 10pm for a "dream feed." And then again at 3:30am, but it wasn't until 7:10 this morning that he woke up for good.
On another, slightly different note...we went to the zoo on Friday with the Mowery famiy, minus Monty. We had a great time and I got a fantastic sunburn. Bill took some beautiful pictures too. I've only posted what I think are the best. I really love this one of the baby monkey snuggling up to his mother, probably nursing. Do you notice she has a chain on her neck? Many of the monkeys did, since there's a spot near the monkey exhibit where you can get your picture taken with one. I hear this zoo is one of the better in Yunnan.
Here is one of the lions resting in the afternoon sun.
The red panda exhibit made Bill smile. He said one of them was crawling around and having fun in the tree house made for them.
And, the only animal Sam actually noticed: the zebra! I guess the contrast of black and white drew his eye. Plus, there was only a fence separating us, so I walked Sam right up to it to see them.
The picture at the top is Sam in a stroller for the first time. We borrowed one from a friend and he really seemed to enjoy himself. He's sitting up now too. And rolling over. What's next? No nighttime feed?
1 comment:
Or maybe mathematics - who knows?! Sam really is a cutie, and I'm so excited we'll get to meet him in person soon and see his little personality. Maggie's excited too.
Love you guys.
Post a Comment