Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Alas, Another Ear Infection

Bill got back late last night from his interview with Samaritan's Purse. It went really well. I'll give you details on it later, as we are still praying through a decision.

Our doctor told us today about a special program with Medicaid that may help pay some of our medical bills once we leave our current employer (whose benefits are incredible). We're currently trying to print up the application and will await a call from them to make sure that we qualify. It sounds like it would be perfect to fill in the holes for what other benefits might leave out. There are many options, thank goodness, since Sam will likely be hospitalized a lot in his little life.

We weren't too surprised to learn today that Sam has another ear infection. His left ear has fluid in it and we're treating it with more antibiotics. Apparently it's a holdover from last week's cold.

He's doing great. He has taken to singing with Bill lately and REALLY missed him while he was away. He's still got a low-grade fever, but we're hoping that will clear up by Thursday. Sam sees his cardiologist on Friday morning - we're hoping for a great visit and to talk about possibly moving to *** and the health care there. It's a bit more rural than here, so we're not so sure...

Note to Shannon: Is JoJo thinking of applying still? I know of a great position available.

2 comments:

Hollie Carson said...

Wow...I can't wait to hear all about your trip out there and the details. And if Jojo and Shannon moved out there....MERCY....I'd be spoiled to only have you two a few hours away. Road trip! Once the kiddos get well, let's get together!!!

Jeffrey & Shannon said...

Hey guys,
We will certainly pray for God to guide your every step - He already has, hasn't HE?!

And as for Jojo re-applying, I think that may be in the near future for us. Some doors here seem to be closing.

(I think Hollie must be praying for us to move to N.C.) ;)