Unfortunately, Sam has another low-grade fever. We saw the doc a couple days ago and she said he's getting another cold. Ugh!
Come on Spring!!!
A couple days ago, Sam, Bill and I met my college roommate and great friend, Jenny, at Umstead Park for a hike. Sam, Jenny and I went on one trail and Bill took another. We got some pizza and came back to our place for dinner. Here is Sam with Jenny. You can actually see his defib and a small part of his "zipper" scar on his belly. Sam sure does love her.
Also, I wanted to post some photos of a Contra Dance Bill went to. Apparently, they have these dances once a month there and it's very family-friendly. Bill's already been to two, but I've never been. They look like fun.
Here's a photo of Matt dancing. I love it!
8 comments:
I am not completely sure what a contra dance is, but seeing pictures of it made me want to move to Boone just for the fascinating culture alone! The area seems so family-friendly.
My brother says people TRY to find work in Boone just because it's so family-friendly! It sounds like the perfect place for us too. You should definitely come, Shannon. :)
I have to say I never heard of contra dance either. Looks similar to square dancing. I can totally see sam in a little cowboy shirt and hat, making all the little girls swoon. That's okay though... just as long as you tell them he's taken!
Contra dancing is the epitome of Appalachian culture. I've gone many times and it's great. I must say that I'm insanely jealous that you get to live in Boone. I keep telling Ben how much I wish ASU had a Ph.D. program in Persian. I would RUN back to those mountains. And you think I'm joking.
P.S...Matt Foster is one bad action dancer! A group of us went swing dancing one time and he's like a happy elf running around the dance floor.
HA! Mandy's comment about Matt made me laugh out loud! Okay, now I HAVE to at least come visit in Boone.
I have more pictures of him dancing that would make your hair stand up! I can't wait to see it in person myself! From what Bill says, he's a great dancer.
I found this link on contra dancing...
http://www.sbcds.org/contradance/whatis/#Def0
I only wish your pictures of it had music too, to get the full experience. ;) But maybe imagining it in my head is just as fun.
Post a Comment