Tuesday, February 05, 2008

You're Not Going to Believe This...

I can't believe I am about to write this, but Sam is sick again. He just can't seem to catch a break this winter. I took him to the doctor yesterday, because he spent all of Sunday night coughing and having difficulty breathing, plus he had 100.3F temp. The doc said he has a NEW bug, and this one has settled around his vocal cords, making them very swollen.

Sam has been holding his breath a lot, and the doc thinks this is a functional issue - that Sam is trying to increase the size of his airway because of the swollen parts preventing good airflow. The good news is that if I had waited to go to the doctor, he said Sam would probably have been hospitalized for pneumonia by Thursday this week.

Sam is now on steroids to try and decrease the swelling, increasing breathing functions and generally allow him to sleep better.

He had 100.3 temp just before his nap about an hour ago. Let's pray that he won't be sick for long! He's in good spirits still and hasn't lost too much energy.

Phew, we CANNOT wait for Spring to come!

I forgot to add that I think my toe is broken. I dropped something on it and it's purple and hurts a lot. I'm going to wait to see a doctor, since it could be that it will heal on its own. What a week!

2 comments:

Jeffrey & Shannon said...

Oh man, you've got to be kidding! (Sigh) Okay, we will just keep praying and trusting God for a healthy Klear family!

I know at least it must be comforting that you're in a wonderful place, with great health care professionals who know Sam pretty well by now!

As for your toe, I broke mine several years ago, and the doc couldn't do anything for it. I just had to try to stay off it for a while. It healed up on it's own.

Hang in there, guys!!!!

Melissa said...

wow hope Sam gets to feeling better soon. Will be keeping you all in our thoughts ! Praying for spring to come quickly!

Love to all,
Mel......