Congratulations to Bill's sister and her family on their new son, Santino, delivered today. A whopping 8lbs 5oz. Phew!
I forgot to mention in the last post that Sam is now officially off the Prevacid he was taking. It was for his acid reflux, related to the defib smooshing his stomach and intestines. It is the first time that he's been off it since his surgery almost six months ago.
He's saying so many new things every day. This evening, Bill and I were trying to have a conversation at dinner and Sam, who was finished with his meal but still in his high chair, kept roaring like a lion. Not just any lion, but the loudest lion that ever existed. He definitely has his father's projection!
Something he inherited from me is his temper. On Sunday morning, we went to church and kept him with us in the sanctuary. He got really frustrated halfway through the sermon and threw his crayons down. Then he arched his back, as he does when he's mad, and hit his head on the pew behind him. Well, that made him burning mad, so he arched his back again at a faster rate and banged his head extremely hard, causing him to scream out in pain.
I ran him out to the hallway where he finally calmed down and happily blew kisses at people walking by. After the sermon was over, I brought Sam back in and someone in the front of the sanctuary asked me if he had fallen. Apparently everyone heard the loud bang and the screams and knew it was our little angel. I used to throw very similar temper tantrums when I was young.
Going back to his new sounds, he can do almost any animal sound now. He learned most of them in a two-hour period last Thursday, but adds new ones every day. Today he started saying hello (but it sounds like, "meemow"). I put him on the phone with my mother and he kept saying it over and over. Then he roared. I think he blew her ear drum out.
2 comments:
Is it terrible that I was laughing loudly at Sam arching his back and hitting his head in church? The thought of it just tickled me, for some reason.
I too am having to pray my own temper out of my child.
I cannot wait to hear Sam roaring loudly... I hope you get it on video soon.
We miss you all.
It tickled a lot of people, Shannon!
Post a Comment