Monday, May 05, 2008

Another Childhood Virus

Ugh. I guess you know what I'm about to say.

Pray.

Sam has a low-grade fever and is coughing and wheezing some. We went to the doctor and they did a CBC and we learned that Sam's lymphocytes are elevated. This indicates a virus. So, his pediatrician called the doctor on-call and told him the situation. Everyone is on-alert in case something happens (e.g. a fever spike and a defib discharge, which will take us to the hospital).

His throat is red, which is probably why he stopped eating yesterday. His temp is so low - 100.6 - so I'm not too worried just yet. Let's just unite in prayer to keep it low!

I talked to his doctor about how hard I'm trying to clean his hands, but continue to take him to the park and other fun places. He was very happy with our situation and said to keep it up. Therefore, I can only conclude that I am not guilty of exposing him to something unnecessarily, but instead, I am keeping him social and helping him to develop as naturally as a 19 month-old.

Hey, at least it's not strep (negative culture today) or hand-foot-mouth disease!

We have also looked for houses, continually, and there still doesn't seem to be much in our price-range that is habitable. We have one house on our hearts that we are praying through right now. Please continue to help us!

Thanks.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

We will be praying for you all!

Hope you find a home soon. I know that will in and of itself make for some peace in your heart! We women are just created to nest :) ...

How is Bill liking his new job?

Mel.