Friday, May 23, 2008

Something Crazy

Do you want to hear something really crazy?

When I found out that I was pregnant, a friend of mine recommended an online support group. I joined the Oct 06 group and it was one of the best decisions I ever made.

Since that time, I have met so many women online who have had similar issues throughout pregnancy and infancy with our babies. I have physically met three of the women, one is Beth in the picture below.

Every time we have had issues and been sent to the hospital, they have prayed for Sam. One of them even writes poems for Sam.

One time, I got this big package with letters and cards and a few gifts, not to mention a gift card. I think that was after I had meningitis and Sam had his ICD implanted. Then, on Tuesday I received another gift from one of my online friends belonging to this group. Today, I received a package with a big plush toy, some books, cards and a DVD, not to mention a gift card to Wal Mart.

What a blessing these women have been to my heart. I have received support when I most needed it and they let me vent too. I just want to say thanks to them again. You have been a real joy in my life.

Just thought I would share.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Come on now! Don't make the pregnant girl cry! :)

Unknown said...

Teesa you are so sweet!! i am so glad i have had the chance to meet you and cannot wait for our next visit!! you and bill are amazing and wonderful parents!! Sam is a very lucky little boy!! and he is pretty cute as well:) we are getting anxious to see all of you:)

<3 Kristen and lexi

Jeffrey & Shannon said...

Wow, that is so awesome. I've never really heard of joining a support group online for pregnant women. Teesa, I'm so glad you've been loved on so much. You so deserve it; we still wish we were your neighbors.