Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Getting Better

Sam seems to be feeling better today. He's only had a few moments where he found it difficult to breathe (he was wheezing). That was while he was in his pack-n-play taking a nap. Probably just from laying down. He had another low-grade temp last night - 100.8, but nothing today.

Melissa asked me about Bill's job. I guess I'm guilty of not sharing with you about how much he likes it. I've been a bit side-tracked lately!

Bill loves his job. He gets to speak with people all around the world who work with Samaritan's Purse every day. His mom came up a couple days ago and we took a tour of SP and it was great. We both got a little choked up when we saw the work they do with heart patients who are children from other countries. I saw a few pictures that really gripped my heart. They bring infants and children from around the world to different locations in America to have surgery done. They have host families take those families to their doctor's appointments. It is definitely something I want to be involved in.

Back to Bill. He is leaving on Monday to go to Indonesia and the Philippines for about 12 days. It'll be a short trip, but it's an important one. It's taken him a bit of time to get used to cubicle-work, but now that Matt is back (his direct supervisor and great friend), I think he's enjoying it more. He said he's going to go to Colorado soon too.

Bill comes home everyday with stories about how children received their shoe boxes and how those boxes contained exactly what they needed. One story was about the public schools in the Philippines, who require a uniform for every child. There was one girl who didn't have shoes and she was given a fine every day she showed up without her shoes. While Matt was there, she received a pair of shoes exactly her size in one of the shoe boxes. It was a sweet story.

Also, for those of you who were wondering about how my parents are fairing in Thailand - great. They were worried about the cyclone hitting them, but it turns out they only got a little rain. My brother and I were very concerned this morning since we hadn't heard from them in a couple days, but I used Skype-Out to call Dad while he was grocery shopping. He said my mother has a stomach bug, but besides that they are doing well. They'll be back this summer (late June) to visit family and friends.

Thanks again for your prayers. I saw a house today online that was posted last night. I'm going to go look at it tomorrow at 11am. It looks promising!

No comments: