Sunday, September 21, 2008

Pear Pickin'



Did I mention we have a pear tree at our house?

Bill and Sam went out last week and picked a bunch for us. My cousin told us to wrap them in newspaper, put them in the basement and in two weeks, they'll be just ripe enough to eat. Here are some photos from the fun adventure. Sam loves picking apples or pears or raspberries or whatever else he can (my green tomatoes are a commonly picked item too).




Daddy's pointing to a good one.

Going in for the kill.

Got it!

Beaming with pleasure.

Aren't my boys handsome?

Look at the pride in that face.

Here's another one, a bit higher up. I love how you can see through the trees to his big grin.

And another one.

And, in the next photo I can still hear my words ringing,

"DON'T THROW THE PEAR, SAM!"

My favorite.

3 comments:

noahandlylasmommi said...

lol too cute. what a fun way for Bill and Sam to spend time together :)

Jeffrey & Shannon said...

You have a beautiful life! (We're back home, btw.)

Melissa said...

okay those are just precious! What awesome memories.. :) It's the simple things that I remember now.. and am so glad we took the time to do the simple things..