Thursday, September 25, 2008

Poison Control, Round 2

Ever seen this berry growing in your yard? We have. It's right next to the raspberry bushes. And, exactly what you're thinking happened. Sam went right up to them and ate them, thinking they were grapes. He came back to me with purple hands, a purple tongue and a purple face.

Poison Control said they are indeed poisonous and cause intense diarrhea. This website, says vomiting can occur too.

I don't think he ate too many. I ate one too, to see what it was, and it was so bitter I had to spit it out. If he has more than two bouts of diarrhea in the next six hours, we'll call PC back and probably head to the hospital, since dehydration is cause for monitoring his heart.

He sure keeps me on my toes.

7 comments:

Renee' said...

Aye Aye Aye little Sam!!! You and NIkki eat the strangest things. An hour ago she tasted her sister's deoderant and just 2 minutes ago she came to me with the sidewalk chalk all over her tongue... YUCK!

Hope you don't get sick little guy!

Johnny and Alisha said...

That would be confusing since they're right next to edibles! Hope everything is okay.

Teesa said...

Yes - the berries are actually in the neighbor's yard and were leaning over our fence. I don't know if I should ask permission or just cut them down. They're basically a weed to everyone around here. Any ideas?

Renee' said...

Thanks for the support Teesa... haha :-P

I am only BUYING essentials, but I can still use the NON essentials that we have on hand... including internet. :-)

Anonymous said...

Hey Teesa,
Don't know if you even remember us - but I have been keeping up silently (sorry) with your blog for the last year or so. I share your pain - only Rachel decided to drink finger nail polish remover this week - yuck! I'm glad for internet phone that lets us call poison control in USA from PRC. Whew! Hope everything is ok!

Teesa said...

Of course I remember you, Kellie! So glad you're keeping up with us. Glad Rachel is okay!

Jeffrey & Shannon said...

Good grief. Teesa, you really ought to write a book - the Adventures of Sam.