Then I had the opportunity to participate in a free blogger giveaway that my fellow blogger Nan posted on her blog (sadly, I didn't win). Her friend Melissa and her husband (also friends of my brother, Adam, from college) had recently started their own business. When I saw that Randy had made a farmer's table that was really beautiful, I thought maybe he could make me a chopping block.
I contacted them, and sure enough, he could...and did! For a fraction of the cost, but the workmanship is excellent. I told him everything I wanted/desired in a chopping block, including edge-grain, and a drawer, along with slats at the bottom. He designed it himself, with my desires in mind, and I finally picked it up yesterday in Greensboro.
With no further ado, I present my brand new chopping block, hand-crafted by Randy Lewkowicz.
If you would like to see what else they have available or to contact them about something you have in mind to make, check out their website and write them an email! They are definitely great folks and I wholeheartedly recommend them for any project you've got in mind.
5 comments:
what sweet words to hear for doing what we love! so glad you love it!!!
That is beautiful!
it turned out great! he did a wonderful job!
wow that's nice, and you will have it fully functional. You are such a good cook, anything you desire for your kitchen I hope you get it. :-)
Hey!!! That is gorgeous! Really good work. Melissa made a bracelet for my sister, which I purchased for her birthday. Really quality work. It was beautiful, and so affordable. I would recommend visiting their site!
Love your chopping block, Teesa. It looks like a good height, too. It's difficult chopping on a high counter when you're short like me! :)
I also agree with another blogger: anything you purchase for YOUR kitchen is a great investment!
Post a Comment