I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas! We sure did. While we don't bring Santa into our home (images or via gifts), we still allow Sam to see him outside. We took him on the Polar Express ride near Cherokee, NC the day after Christmas. We enjoyed giving him a gift that was intangible, so to speak, and will likely continue this tradition throughout his childhood.
The trip was reminiscent of the Polar Express book and movie. We sang songs all the way to the "North Pole." Santa got on the train and gave everyone a bell. Then we watched Santa get on his sled at the "North Pole" and drank hot chocolate and ate snacks while listening to the book being read on the way home.
It was really fun - but it took over three hours to get there and we did it in one day. Needless to say, Sam was absolutely exhausted by the time we got home.
Oh, but the drive was amazing. Cherokee, NC is a Native American Reservation and was amazing to see. Some day we'll have to take a trip over there just to hang out for a while.
Happy New Year!
5 comments:
My boys also LOVE trains!! I just learned about this Polar Express train ride a few weeks ago.
I'm glad to hear that ya'll had a good time. I will check this out for next year!!
I was wondering where y'all got off to. :-) Sounds like you had a memorable time. With a cold glass of milk, those sticky buns slid down just fine. You know you're Christmas Day is starting out great when your neighbor comes over with warm, homemade sticky buns. Thx!
That sounds wonderful...we may need to join you next year!
Do you guys give presents to each other in honor of CHrist's Birthday?
Beth
We give presents to each other - that was why we gave Sam the Polar Express trip. It was lots of fun, Beth, but it sure would be a haul over to Western NC! Maybe we can plan something though!
sounds like lots of fun :) Noah would love to do something like that! I may have to come visit you so we can do this ;)
Post a Comment