Wednesday, December 03, 2008

You're Not Going To Believe This

I have told so many people about Sam's ability to recognize the letters of the alphabet. As much as people want to believe me, I think they don't fully. So, I decided to get it on video today.



Alright, so he's not spelling his name for the camera, but it's only because he's so excited about all the other things he can type. I swear he knows how to spell his name too.

Last week in Myrtle Beach, we all went to Brookgreen Gardens. While we were there, we ate at the Pavilion Restaurant on the grounds. I stole an oyster cracker from my Uncle Patrick while he wasn't looking and handed it to Sam, who promptly said, "wook, Mama, a hexagon." I kid you not.

We had even had a conversation about a hexagon two weeks ago. Sam said something was a hexagon, but I corrected him and said it was an octagon. Bill promptly corrected me and said six sides is a hexagon, eight is an octagon. Um, yeah, I knew that. Just testing everyone.

It was that afternoon that the whole family and I decided it wouldn't be prudent for me to home school - he will likely surpass me in intelligence by the first grade. But, hey, at least I can blog about it!

3 comments:

Joanna@BooneDocksWilcox said...

I've got a SMART neighbor, cute too.

Gotta have a pair of those blue slippers.

We haven't been to Brookgreen Gardens in several yaers but we so enjoy it there, feels like we're in God's backyard.

BTW, you're such a good cook, how do you only weigh 129lbs? I put on a lb everytime I walk in the kitchen.

Hollie Carson said...

Way to go Sam!!! What a smart boy you are! I'm very impressed!

noahandlylasmommi said...

lol he is one smart little boy! I am cracking up about what you said about him surpassing your intelligence by the 1st grade :) I doubt that, he is learning it from someone!