We had a VERY funny cloth diapering first today. Do not read this if you get grossed out easily. However, if you want to laugh so hard you'll cry...read on.
Sam had a poopy diaper later in the afternoon. Bill brought Sam to me and said, "I think he has a poopy diaper." So, I thought he wanted me to change it. But, it turned out he just wanted instruction.
Bill took Sam to the bathroom (I would have done this laying Sam down on the changing cloth, but went with the flow) and I took Sam's diaper off of him. I showed Bill how we clean poop off the diaper in the toilet and instructed Bill to take Sam (who was standing on the bathroom floor) to the changing cloth to clean him.
I told him how to use the cloth wipes with the witch hazel and water spritzer. We had already gone over this once before, but he needed a little review. A few minutes later, Bill comes running in with Sam in his arms saying that Sam had poop on his arm. Then he said, "I think I have poop on my fingers too!"
Sure enough, Sam had a big smudge of poop on his arm - how it got there I have no idea - it was his upper arm! And Bill, bless his heart, has a big smear of poop on his finger. I set Sam down on the counter (before I realized there is still poop all over his rear end) and helped Bill wash his hand and Sam's arm. It was absolutely hysterical.
I'm crying right now laughing about it. I don't know what happened or where the breakdown was. In the end I had to take Sam back to the changing cloth and show Bill what to do. He calmly watched and then said, "I feel like it's all over me."
Priceless.
4 comments:
Okay, I laughed so loudly both girls stopped what they were doing and looked at me like something was wrong! That is so hilarious. I'm still laughing!
Shannon,
You stole my thunder.I laughed out loud that Laney started laughing too. She was smiling so big just by watching me laugh. We have been there SOOO many times that I could just see it happening with you two. I'm so happy to share such a moment with good friends! Way to go Bill!!! I'm proud of you for being willing to learn and wanting to be taught. :) I'm happy you're excited about cloth diapering and that you've found your diaper. We have more prefolds that we do snug-to-fits. Are you covers bummis whisper wraps? How are you washing? I'm excited that ya'll are in this with us!!
Yes, they are bummis whisper wraps. That was the only cover everyone recommended, so I went with it. We started washing with Charlie's Soap, since we can get it at the local market, but he might have an allergic reaction to it. I'm going to work with it a bit and see if we can make it happen though - it's so cheap and is so highly recommended.
Unfortunately, we don't have enough diapers right now to use them all the time. Today was spent washing - so no cloth diapers. I'm working on my orgnanization though.
Funny happenings at your house! :) I've been completely out of the blogging loop for over a week-our air went out in our rental house-yikes...so we left for several days. Not fun-you understand! I went down to your previous post of things to do in Raleigh and added some stuff there...
Post a Comment