Sam woke up from his nap this afternoon and felt a little warm. When I took his temperature it was 103.1F. I was beside myself! He wasn't acting sick. His heart rate was normal. What in the world???
When I called the doctor's office (immediately), I started crying! I couldn't believe myself - I have never done that. But, I was so frightened.
We ended up going in to see his pediatrician and everything seemed normal. Yes, he had a fever, but no, there was nothing wrong with his blood work. He wasn't exactly running around, but he also wasn't listless either.
Oh, the frustration I have felt since Sam has been in my life. Love, yes, blessings, yes, joy, yes. But I have never felt frustration like I have with these fevers that come out of nowhere.
I brought him home, am keeping Motrin and Tylenol in him (we need to buy stock in the stuff!) and his fever never got below 100.9F before I laid him in bed for the night. About an hour ago - at 9pm - he woke up crying pretty hard. I was so scared that his defibrillator had shocked him. I grabbed the thermometer (per Bill's very intelligent suggestion) and headed downstairs. No fever - in fact, it was 98F - so I assume he just had a bad dream. Whatever the case, I'm going to give him more meds at 11pm, to make sure the fever STAYS down.
Keep us in your prayers. I hope it's not going to be a long night.
2 comments:
We are praying and keep us updated!
Prayed for you this morning.
Hope Sam is doing well!
Post a Comment