Thursday, June 26, 2008

Poll

Okay, I've added a poll to the sidebar that I'm curious about. I know there are about 40 visitors to my blog every day, from around the world. I also know that there are only about 5 or 6 people who regularly comment on the blog.

I am hoping that some of you who don't normally comment might commit to an anonymous poll.

Regarding the question: I have been thinking a lot about what to do to bring in a little extra money to help our family. I really don't know what I ought to do. I have prayed thoroughly about this. I love being a stay-at-home-mom, but now that we are buying a house, I know that a little extra income will help.

So, tonight I thought maybe I could make a cookbook and sell it. But, would there be any buyers? I could put my knowledge from the last seven years of cooking overseas (from scratch) down in writing, along with many of my own recipes that are tried and true.

Please answer the poll - but only submit your answer once. It ends on July 1st at 9:00 am.

Also, if you have any suggestions for what I can do, let me know. Please take into consideration who I am - or at least who you have gotten to know through this blog over the last couple of years, as well as our son's medical situation (and spontaneous hospitalizations which take up a great deal of time).

Comment comment comment!

5 comments:

The Rose's said...

Hey i think your cookbook is an excellent idea! if you need any recipes i can send you a few:) and my dad has a bunch i dont know if i sent them to you or not but if you want some extras just let meknow:)

Jeffrey & Shannon said...

I think writing a book or a cookbook is a great idea for you!! Check out lulu.com

You could even put pics from overseas in your book, and include a section on cooking authentic Chinese food! How fun would that be?!

Hmmm... maybe the girls and I should come up there for a month and help out with Sam while you write! (wink, wink) :)

Love you!!! I'll fully support you in your endeavors! :)
Shannon

msmythe said...

The 4 of us need to get together -we have an idea

Karen said...

Hi Teesa,
This is Karen. I met you and Sam (and Trish and Elijah) at the Greenway this past week. I'm the mom of Melia (the heart baby).

Kristi from High Country Mommies told me a couple of days ago that someone had posted a message there recently about wondering if there were other kids with heart defects around here. I told her that I had just met someone with a sweet little one with a heart defect. I logged on the HCM and found that it was you! How neat is that?

I have really enjoyed your blog. You have a gift for writing and your pictures are wonderful! Sam is such a cutie pie!!

I love to cook and I would definitely buy a cookbook. I would be glad to pass on some recipes too if you decide to go that way.
Here is my email - ucomk at hotmail dot com.

Karen

Melissa said...

Hey! I do think the cookbook is a great idea, however, I also know how making things and selling them can be inconsistent income. For instance, you might sell 10 in the beginning, but then how much would you make more long term? But what if offered a service that could be ongoing with it? Maybe a once a month international cooking class. Where they could make (and learn in the process) a new meal (or even make a couple things), and get the cookbook, all for a set fee of like $50 per class. Or, international meals for others (assembling them for them kind of like super suppers, or places like that) and then they come pick them up from you? Just trying to think of something that would be more ongoing to promote more regularly part time income. ;) I love brainstorming, and it's been fun to get to know you a little bit. Thanks for visiting the site, and linking back to me!!