Monday, June 30, 2008

Sam is Nuts

This child is absolutely nuts. Over the last two days, he has thrown everything he can get his hands on, and when he's not throwing, he's coloring in his coloring book. I can't even begin to tell you how many time-outs he's had (for throwing, not coloring!).



He's learning new words every hour too. It's almost like I can't keep up with his new growth - brain cell, and otherwise. I have never seen a child who likes to color as much as Sam does. He crawls up in the "kitchen" chair and finds whatever writing utensil is around, then begins. Sometimes he spends an hour coloring. Especially over the last two days. Sam's pediatrician once commented that he's never seen Sam without a crayon in his hand. (Definitely right-handed too.)

Then he screams, "maMA" until I look at what he's done. Usually he describes it too.

In this particular one, he said, "maMa, maMa - Melmo eye!" As in, "I've colored Elmo's eyes." See how he colored the cat and the lady's face too? Very artistic, if you ask me.

Here's my boy watering our patio garden. What a white tooshy!

My little helper.

1 comment:

Jeffrey & Shannon said...

I continue to be so impressed with your patio garden. Maggie is sitting on my lap as we're checking your blog, and I laughed as we scrolled down to a little naked Sam bum. Maggie didn't seem to notice, though! LOL

I'm also impressed with Sam's coloring. Maggie's older than him, and she definitely doesn't color with that much focus. She's done in 10 minutes, tops. And she's more interested in pulling colors out and putting them back in the box. Great job, Sam!

I also never thought of taking a picture of her coloring page; that would be an easier way to keep the memories, rather than having a dozen old coloring pages stuffed in a book somewhere.

Love you guys!