Our local online group, High Country Mommies, is doing a big yard sale on May 2 from 8am to 1pm in front of the Coyote Kitchen by Wal Mart. I'm going to participate in it, because I've had a lot of folks tell me they will happily donate some things for me to sell. I've got a few things myself too.
All the money I raise during this sale will go towards adoption costs.
I know a lot of you have been wondering if we've heard any updates on Carolina. The truth is, we won't hear anything until we pick her up. Our agency has already contacted the orphanage and they have said they won't let us send any pictures, clothes, toys, etc or give any more information until we pick her up.
So, we are just praying for her and waiting. Six more weeks!
People have also asked what we need. Currently, she is 15.4lbs (as of 3/25/09) and 26 inches tall. Our best guess is that she will be in 6-9 month clothes for a few weeks at least. We have clothes for that size, but nothing for the next sizes up.
Here is our list:
Socks (6-12 months)- Shoes (Her feet are currently 11cm long, but will likely grow fast)
Toddler bed- A
replacement mattressfor our pack-n-play or a new pack-n-play ($21) - Clothes (9-18 months): late Summer to Fall (tops, bottoms, pjs, socks, shoes, no onsies)
- 4-6 more cloth diapers (locals can check Suddenly Showing and Casey will tell you what I need)
- Wipes
- Disposable diapers (for the trip over)
Sit-n-Stand stroller(follow link for an example of one)- *want* Double jogger stroller
Thanks for checking in!
3 comments:
Once Carolina starts eating your good food, she'll put on weight. I'll see if I can find some yard sale stuff at home to send ya (the one we are moving out of).
I have a box of clothes I will send to you Teesa! I will get it out in the next few weeks.
I'll check my clothing both for Carolina & the yardsale!
Post a Comment