Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Our Little Girl

Happy Easter!

I have been so busy trying to get things together around here that I've been (obviously) neglecting this blog. But, don't fear, I am still around and am going to keep you apart of our journey overseas.

We've had a crazy time lately at home. Our community well (five of us share it) broke on Saturday, while we were in Nashville, and was finally fixed on Monday morning. We still didn't have water until late Monday night though, because our house filter and all of the aerators in the house were filled with mud/clay. Bill finally got everything working again around midnight that night.



The "Underwood" lip - the two of them both do it
when they pout, along with my mother.

My grandfather is doing well, so thanks to everyone who has lifted him up. He is going to see the doctor today and will find out if he needs to have surgery. He has a 70% blockage in his carotid artery. But, he is doing better every day, as far as his recovery from falling. Oh, and it turned out he was taking his blood pressure medicine incorrectly too. He was cutting it into thirds so he could swallow it better, but it was time-released, so it was releasing all at once. Needless to say, there were a few reasons why he was falling so much last week.

We survived the tornadoes as well. We were at my grandfather's apartment, on the 15th floor, when an announcement came over the loudspeaker that told us to get into the stairwells or go down to the cafeteria. My grandfather refused to leave the apartment, so Bill moved his lazy boy into the tiny kitchen and we all huddled in there for protection. Granddaddy was smart though, he did say he wanted to be at the top of the pile of rubble, not at the bottom. So, no going down to the first floor. No tornadoes hit our area though, but my aunt lives in Mufreesboro and she drove right through one by accident.

Easter Morning

Since everyone wants to know about our little girl, Carolina, I'll share some information that we translated while in Nashville. She is a tiny little peanut, weighing only 15.4 lbs (7 kg) at 18 months old. She's also extremely short. She's a bit malnourished, as she has low iron, but is not anemic. She is relatively healthy otherwise. They said, as of December last year, that she is tiny but spirited. Her eyes are bright/clever and she is content in any circumstance. They also said she shows likes and dislikes of objects and people. She is determined as well, and even if a toy is far away, she will try to reach it. She was crawling as of December, 2008 as well. She could be walking by now for all we know.

We will travel to get her around June 7th. It will be an exciting time for all of us. I can't believe it's already happening.

We need to raise some support though, as this will be an expensive trip. The orphanage fee alone has been raised to $5000. If you'd like to donate to our adoption, click on the DONATE button to the left. Or, you can donate directly to us.

But, what we need most is prayer. Pray for Carolina, that she will receive nourishment in her current circumstance, and that she will adjust quickly to us and her new home. Pray also that the paperwork would go through without any hitches.

6 comments:

Nan said...

Praying and Praising!

Renee' said...

Praying for your little peanut! I am so excited for you!! Life's about to change for BOTH our families!

Beth and Abigail said...

I love to hear about Ms. Carolina BUT having the title "Our little girl" and then a picture of Sam below may give him some issues in the future :)

Teesa said...

Yeah, I thought about that afterwards. I guess I could change the title, but now it's just too funny to change.

noahandlylasmommi said...

I am so happy for you guys. I would like to donate some money to you for the expenses. Let me know how you want me to do it. I will be praying for her! Cant wait to see her!!

Joanna@BooneDocksWilcox said...

wow, so you'll go in early June to pick her up? I can't wait to meet Carolina.

Glad Grandpa is better.