Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Weekend Fun


We had a great weekend when Bill's mother came up for a couple days. We took her over to Grandfather Mountain, since, hey, it's only a dollar, and went trout fishing afterwards. We even went to eat Thai after church on Sunday. It's always nice to have family come visit us...so we can plan some really exciting activities.

The first activity was Bill installing a new toilet downstairs. There's nothing like having someone stay with you to motivate you to put a toilet on a big stinky hole in your basement. Bill found the toilet at Lowes for $20!! It was a $150 toilet too - but the tank was cracked. He just used one of the extra tanks we have and, voila, we had a new toilet!


Grandfather Mountain was great because we got to go with Sam's best friend Trathan. The boys had a great time together...Sam wanted to show Trathan all of the animals in the habitat (plus feed the bears!) and visit the swinging bridge too.

If you look closely, you can see me and Sam in the middle of the bridge.


Several people wrote me and asked about the picture of the bear I posted in my last Grandfather post. Yes, that was a picture I took. And...


Here's another one (Bill took). Just to prove to you that we WERE that close to the bears.

Tentatively, I am planning on leaving June 6th for China. Bill will meet me over there, as he will be traveling already. We'll pick up Carolina on the 8th and do lots of paperwork, passports, visas, etc and start traveling home on June 18th. I think we can probably make it back home by late June 19th. We're just waiting for the travel documents and then I'll purchase our tickets. There is still a lot to do before we leave. Time is already flying by quickly!

1 comment:

Joanna@BooneDocksWilcox said...

I like seeing all that sunshine too, now we're back to cold and rainy/snowy. Glad y'all had a big weekend and know you are excited about getting Carolina.