Tuesday, July 22, 2008

到了!

We made it!

I don't have a lot of time, but thought I'd post some pics.
Our new home from the outside corner. You'll get inside pics later.


Sam enjoying a balloon his grandmother stole for him from Lowes Food.


His first fish - we went trout fishing on Saturday with my parents and my daddy's cousin and his daughter (so, my cousins too). Sam was a little grossed out. We smoked them with some applewood off our new apple tree (we have two - plus we have a pear tree). They were delicious!

Sam drew this on the Etcha-sketch and said it was a dog. WOW!

More later.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Teesa,
So glad you are back online! House looks wonderful! Can't wait to see more pictures?

YOUR MOM GOT SAM A BALLOON? Something doesn't see right with that picture! :) Did she give it to him and run? hehe

beckarecka said...

I'm glad the move went well! The house looks great. And that is DEFINITELY a dog.

Renee' said...

Your house looks pretty, and peaceful! Sam does look grossed out by that fish. Okay, Sam is going to be a great artist one day, so can I purchase a print now? I will use it to fund my retirement when he gets famous!

:-)

Teesa said...

The balloon thing was funny, Erica - she saw a balloon at the grocery store and saw that he wanted one. It was like all logic flew out the window and she did everything she could to get it for him. Once she gave it to him, she realized her mistake and I caught her (still in the grocery store) trying to let the balloon go in the store so he wouldn't have it anymore. It was very funny! You should have seen it at home - it got caught in the ceiling fan and my mom hit the floor! LOL!

Trish said...

Your house looks like home, Teesa! So glad you are getting settled in.

Sam looks so cute with his first fish, and I'm with everyone else...that is such a dog! Sam is quite the artist!

Hope to see y'all soon.

Anonymous said...

I was going to say something about the ballon as well, but it looks as if Erica beat me to it.

I guess it illustrates the power a grandchild holds over a grandparent.

We totally have to 'babysit' my parents around our kids - they are such push-overs when it comes to giving them things they shouldn't have or letting them do things they shouldn't do!

noahandlylasmommi said...

Love the picture of the dog :) Your house looks awesome. Cant wait to hear more about what you are all doing!

Jeffrey & Shannon said...

Love, Love, Love your house!! And I'm jealous about trout fishing. Now, seriously, did Sam really draw that picture of the dog? I thought I'd scroll down and read, "ha ha, just kidding; Bill drew that and Sam recognized the dog." It's the perfect picture of a dog, especially the face, so if you're really not pulling our leg, I am extremely impressed.

So glad you're back online - I missed you!!

Teesa said...

Alright, so everyone's wondering - did Sam really draw the dog or not.

The answer is: he really drew the dog. I mean it. My mother put the eyeball dot in but that was all that was added to the photo. I'm embarassed to say that no one in this house could draw a dog that looks that much like a dog.

He doesn't draw everything so well, but every once in a while he hits the nail on the head.

Nan said...

Congrats on the house! I loved Sam's dog, you have quite the artist! Can't wait for more house pics! And apple trees? I so miss Boone and sooo want to make it there soon!

The Brown's said...

Glad to hear you're in the house! YEA! Can't wait to see more pictures! And I agree...the picture looks like a dog! Sam is quite a little guy!

jeffrey said...

man, i hope that dog doesn't bite him; that would be hard to believe

Caroline said...

Teesa, Your house looks beautiful. Adam and I were in Boone this weekend and I thought about you, even though we've never officially met. I think Sam and my redhead (Wesley) are pretty close in age. Wesley will be 2 on October 3rd. Its such a fun age isn't it?

Teesa said...

Sam will be two on October 2nd, Caroline. So, yes, I would say they are VERY close in age. Also, we DID meet in college. I'm very forgettable, but I remember you very clearly. I hung out with Becky White and met you through her at some BSU things.