This is the view you get when you walk into the house. 

Those doors in the kitchen lead to this beautiful patio. See my little boy peeking his head out?
We rearranged it a bit, but this is what it looked like when we were sitting down for a meal last week. Notice all the boxes in the background?
Our bedroom upstairs. We need to paint!
This will be Sam's bedroom once the weekend is over. My brother and sister-in-law will be staying in here over the weekend.
This is where Sam is sleeping right now. That chest of drawers and the headboard from the other photo in Sam's room belonged to my granddaddy when he was a child.
This is the view from the stairs to the den (downstairs).
Backwards view.
The sunroom downstairs. We don't have any furniture for it yet, so it's in disarray.
We already tackled one project. Bill and my father replaced the faucet in the kitchen. The other one must have been installed when the house was built in 1985.
They worked really hard.
I don't know how he fit under there.
Sam watering my plants. I finally bought him his own watering can.Okay, so that's all of the pics from around the house. I hope you like looking at them as much as I am enjoying living in our new home. It's absolutely breathtaking, in my opinion. If I missed any pictures that you want to see, let me know.
My daddy's cousin, Johnny, is a horticulturalist in Lancaster, SC. He gave us a ton of advice about how we should tackle the yard and begin our garden. We're going to plant several varieties of blueberry bushes along the fence line in September. They will compliment the raspberry bushes already there.
Bill and I woke up to cows mooing, turkeys boggling, a rooster crowing and several varieties of birds chirping this morning around 6am. I rolled over and looked at him - his eyes were wide open - and he asked, "do we live on a farm now?" I love it!!
Here are a few bonus shots:
Sam's a big hugger. Elijah came over today and Sam got a chance to hug him while we were outside playing.
Here is Sam giving Elijah a hug at the Bluegrass Festival we went to a couple weeks ago.

6 comments:
Oh I love all the pictures! It looks great! I sure hope I can come and stay with you some day! (How does 4 years from next Tuesday look for you?)
Keep us updated on how your homestudy goes! I will be praying for you all!
Oh my goodness! Your house is a dream!! I can't wait to visit. Better yet, can we move in?
Hey, where did you get that little watering can for Sam? Maggie loves to water the plants with me, but I haven't found one for her.
Love you guys and will be thinking about you during the homestudy.
the house looks great Teesa! I am so glad you are enjoying it. I love the picture of Sam watering the plants :)
Shannon, BIG LOTS! It's way un-cooler than Wal Mart. It's where the Wal Mart rejects go, in fact. Like us. I'll pick you up one!
Everyone is welcome to visit us. I can't wait to have lots of people staying here.
I LOVE Big Lots! I find all kinds of stuff - not just Walmart rejects - and so much cheaper! :) I even found a Hooked on Bible Stories curriculum (Made by Hooked on Phonics) with cds, games, coloring pages, story books and more - a whole big box for $20. I haven't seen those cute watering cans, though. I guess all their stuff is regional.
beautiful! I love your house! It looks HUGE!
#1: you look just like your dad.
#2: Sam looks just like Bill in that green outfit picture.
#3: i need all the advice that your second cousin gave you about gardening. i missed the boat on the spring planting of a garden, but I don't want to miss out on a Sept planting and blueberry bushes sound amazing. I know they won't produce for a few years, but even if we don't get to enjoy some due to a move in a few years, maybe they will be a great ilttle addition to the backyard for the next buyers. Oh, I don't want to think about that though. I love it here!!!!
#4: we really miss ya'll and can't wait to see you soon!!
Post a Comment