Friday, July 11, 2008

New Shoes and Drawings

Sam got a new pair of sneakers. He grew out of his last shoes too quickly and now he's in a size six, but I have to wonder for how long? He wore his shoes all over the house yesterday and seemed to really love them. They fit his little feet perfectly.


Here he is dancing in them in the bathroom.


And here he is gearing up to jump. They make him run faster and jump higher!

Here's a photo of a picture he drew recently. I have to wonder if anyone else sees a fish? The dots on the left are eyes. He told me it was a fish after he drew it and put the finishing touches on it. I am really desiring to cultivate his drawing ability, but I don't know how - other than to give him crayons, chalk, markers, pens, or whatever and let him draw any time he wants. I have started drawing little animals and faces to show him he can expand his repertoire, but I'm not that good! Give me your opinions.

2 comments:

Jeffrey & Shannon said...

I think it looks like a big whale! :)

Hollie Carson said...

I see a fish! I think he's really talented! Where did you get that big white paper? Do you cover the table with it and set him in a booster seat or his high chair??