Bill and I have made friends with the owners of a Chinese restaurant in town. The woman, Jackie, was 8 months pregnant when we saw her last week. I saw her this afternoon for lunch and she is no longer pregnant. She said she gave birth a month early on July 2nd. The baby is at the hospital still and is jaundiced. I don't know how well he is doing yet, but I plan to go over to the hospital with them tomorrow morning at 8am. I will have to bring Sam with me, as I don't have a babysitter, but it shouldn't be a problem.
I don't think they were ready for this baby to come so early. I'm going to run by Wal Mart this afternoon and pick up some clothes and toys for him. Hopefully I can judge the situation a bit more tomorrow when I see him. Pray for this family, please. They've named the baby Brian.
2 comments:
Are they Mandarin speaking? Do they have a lot of friends there? I'm glad you're getting to know them. We'll pray for Baby Brian.
Yep, they are Mandarin speaking. I'm not sure how big their support group is here, but I think it's limited to the workers at the restaurant. I'll find out more tomorrow.
Post a Comment