Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Nap Time

I've got a lot to say today.

First of all, have you been thinking about the China Olympics the way I have? I just can't help but think something is going to happen in a big way. I read this article today. And this one. I wonder what is going to happen. I read a couple days ago that the bombings in Kunming are being blamed on a cult, but that they are related to the whole Tibet issue. It seems only fitting to me that they will put all of those issues together.

Second, Sam has been feverish again today. He had 101.5F last night. What is the deal?? I really want him to be fever-free when Bill leaves so he will rest easy.

Third, I had to go out to my brother's rental house today to take some pictures of the new carpet. I really didn't mean to take Sam out, but I didn't get it done yesterday and a promise is a promise. Since it was lunch time, I took Sam over to Chick Fil-A. I got myself a lemonade and once we got home, I was balancing him in my left arm and the lemonade in my left hand, while my bag was on my right arm and I was opening the front door with my right hand. This is what our friends the Mowery's called "training for the Mommy Olympics."

Anyway, I took video to show you what followed. (I only entered his room when I heard the Velcro of his cloth diaper being undone.)



And, the results are:



Needless to say, naptime was short today.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yum... Chick-fil-a

Elizabeth watched the videos with me and said "look mommy, there's Teesa" then she saw Sam and said, "why isn't his mommy getting him out of his bed? He keeps saying he wants to get out!". So there you go, Sam said he wanted out!

Teesa said...

I guess so - that's exactly what I needed, Erica - a baby-translator! Thanks, Elizabeth. I was just making my chocolate chip cookies and thinking of her. :)

Jeffrey & Shannon said...

Ha! I was wondering what he was talking about... I don't know how you weren't laughing while you were taking that video. Isn't it crazy what sugar does to kids? Jeff walked in the nursery Sunday to find the workers giving Maggie donut holes! Can you imagine?

Melissa said...

okay that is precious.....


I love how they have those conversations with themselves.. Too Sweet!


You and Bill are truly blessed...

any more news on the adoption?

love to you all!
Melissa

noahandlylasmommi said...

hahaha too funny. lyla just watches that video with me and had a huge grin on her face the whole time. Sam is adorable.