Friday, June 26, 2009

Ears and such

Carolina's pediatrician looked at her ears yesterday and said they improved some. He could actually see an entire ear drum in one ear and a partial in the other. He said they're still perforated, but we will check again in two weeks. If at that time they are still perforated, we will see an ENT. If not, we will see an audiologist and check for permanent hearing loss.

We have an appointment with the Early Intervention folks in July and a nutritionist will come during the initial evaluation. I'm very happy about that, because my biggest priority right now is getting this girl on solid foods.

In the meantime, my face turned bright red overnight, along with my upper body. Now my legs and feet are red too. My body is hot and really really itchy. I saw my doc this morning (thanks to Trish for babysitting Sam for me!) and he said it's one of two things (he thinks). Either I had strep some time in the recent past and this is my body's reaction to it, or I am having an allergic reaction to something else. So, now I'm on penicillin and doubled my dosage of steroids (I should be weight lifting with all these steroids!) and we'll see how the weekend goes. Since penicillin is a cousin to the other antibiotic I'm definitely allergic to, I don't know what to expect this weekend.

I took a quick picture of myself to show you how much "better" I am. My lips are a bit swollen too and I'm itchy all over. Surely it will get better. I am still dealing with jet lag too, so this is just an annoyance on top of everything else I need to do. Pray for me though!

5 comments:

Joanna@BooneDocksWilcox said...

oh my, you don't look good. Hope that medicine works and that Bill is in town helping ya.

Glad Carolina is showing improvement.

Check out The Webels said...

Praying for you right now... and will continue to. I will be eager to hear what Carolina's 2 week appt will bring.
How is Sam feeling?
Love you!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

I hope you're doing better, Teesa, and Carolina for that matter.

My friend has been dealing with various allergies and her swelling, etc. was worse when she had protein-rich food. Perhaps cutting down on those might help a little...

Imola (kacsamama)

Teesa said...

Yes, I really think this is allergy related. I am all for figuring out what I'm now allergic to, but it definitely got worse when I started eating my American food again - perhaps dairy?? I'm going to find out more on Tuesday. Thanks to everyone for your prayers and advice!

Caroline said...

You know, full lips are "in" right now, so you should be happy. =) You give Angelina Jolie a run for her money! I'm sorry you're feeling bad and I hope you and Carolina turn the corner soon!