We had our first visit from the CDSA yesterday (Early Intervention). It was wonderful. I had called about two weeks before I left and made a referral for Carolina. I am so glad I did. I think she's going to get exactly the sort of help she needs and my main goal is for me to get the tools I need to encourage her to catch up to her developmental milestones.
We're seeing her pediatrician again today. He called yesterday with some updates and concerns about vaccinations and such. They need to make a growth chart for her too, and I had forgotten to bring all of her weights. We're not sure if this is normal for her (to be so tiny) or if she had a rapid decrease in percentiles at some point, so we'll know more today. Also, her ears seem to be doing a bit better and she's regained some hearing. I think I will get a referral to an ENT so we can assess just how bad the damage is. She definitely is not hearing everything.
Sam has been having a hard time with her, but yesterday was a much better day than any other. I'm figuring out a few things that I had neglected to do before (like ask him to go potty every hour to avoid accidents). I've been doing a little bit of spoiling with him for the last few days, but his grandparents are leaving today and life begins as normal once they go. No more spoiling, just getting into the groove of life. Sounds easy, right? We'll see...
I'll update more after the doctor's visit this afternoon.
We're seeing her pediatrician again today. He called yesterday with some updates and concerns about vaccinations and such. They need to make a growth chart for her too, and I had forgotten to bring all of her weights. We're not sure if this is normal for her (to be so tiny) or if she had a rapid decrease in percentiles at some point, so we'll know more today. Also, her ears seem to be doing a bit better and she's regained some hearing. I think I will get a referral to an ENT so we can assess just how bad the damage is. She definitely is not hearing everything.
Sam has been having a hard time with her, but yesterday was a much better day than any other. I'm figuring out a few things that I had neglected to do before (like ask him to go potty every hour to avoid accidents). I've been doing a little bit of spoiling with him for the last few days, but his grandparents are leaving today and life begins as normal once they go. No more spoiling, just getting into the groove of life. Sounds easy, right? We'll see...
I'll update more after the doctor's visit this afternoon.
4 comments:
Aw! I'm so happy about this post! I love seeing how life is for you these days. You are an amazing Mom, Teesa.
P.S. I like Sam's "Big Brother" t-shirt, and I noticed Trathan has a shirt from China, but I can't read what it says.
Your kids look precious Teesa. Will be waiting to hear about the doctors visits.
Trathan's shirt says "big brother" in Chinese!
Post a Comment