Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Another Day

We had another rough night, but mostly because we're still waking Sam up to give him Tylenol and Motrin. He has really been bucking us giving it to him. Our night went like this:

8pm Tylenol/put Sam to sleep
9pm Sam woke, Bill put him back to sleep
10pm Motrin/try to put him back to sleep
12am Tylenol/actually, he went right back to sleep on this one
4am Tylenol & Motrin/beg Sam to sleep again
6am Sam woke, nursed him back sleep
7:30am Sam is awake for the day
8am Tylenol

So, we've got a 10:10 appointment with his pediatrician. I haven't taken his temperature this morning, but he is very very cool to the touch. He seems very comfortable, compared to his waking hours yesterday morning. He is sitting down watching Bigfoot (a cartoon he loves).

Last night he began eating a little more. I tried to feed him breakfast already this morning, but he doesn't want to eat. I don't know what this day holds for us.

He learned to turn himself in circles while dancing last night. I was surprised, because he was falling down a lot (on his back) and losing his footing yesterday during the day. Then last night, after dinner, he got a little energy burst and decided to dance with it. We got some video that we'll try to post later. Very cute.

  • Please continue to pray for Sam's body to be healed
  • Pray for our family too, that we will make good decisions
  • Pray that we will follow God's will for our lives.

Thanks, again, for your comments and emails. Every one of them means a lot to us. I haven't been responding, however, since most of the time I'm on top of Sam wondering why he is crying or what's wrong. Sorry about that.

2 comments:

Jeffrey & Shannon said...

Don't worry about not responding; everyone understands. I pray you will have a peaceful day, and continuing to pray for complete healing for Sam. God will guide you every step of the way. Yesterday Maggie held my hands as we prayed for Sam; then she said "Amen." Actually, it was more like, "ah-mi!" ;)

Wood said...

Bill & Teesa, I am one of the church secretaries at Parkway. I hold you and Sam in my prayers. My 16 yr. old son was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes at age 2 1/2 so I do know how it feels as a parent to see your child go through things that other children do not experience. I am so blessed, as you are, to have a special child. God is in control and I lean on that every day. Oh yeah, my family has been friends with Scott and Beth Gilbert for several years. I just talked with Mary Ella and she said she would update me on Sam but I see you use a blog so I will be checking in on him regularly. Keep "pressing on" and keep the faith. Sounds like you have some great people in your life to lift you up. Love to you and Sam. Glad he is some better.