Thursday, January 31, 2008

Fever free

Today has been our very first fever-free day (so far), since a week and a half ago. We are still assuming the low-grade fever he's been keeping for the last four days is due to his teething.

Thanks so much for all your thoughts, emails, warm wishes and prayers. We can feel all of them.

By the way, we DID get to go to the hockey game a couple nights ago. My sister-in-law, Kendall, came over to keep Sam and they did great together. She's so confident and very competent with taking care of him - we all did fine. I was quite sad the Rangers lost.

It was interesting to go to a hockey game in North Carolina. Just like everything else in Raleigh, it was family-friendly. Normally, in New York, hockey games were the least family-friendly event you could go to. Fights broke out between fans, as well as on the ice. But, this game was geared towards families. It was probably the last bit of culture shock I'll experience from my move down from New York to North Carolina (which happened 14 years ago this month).

1 comment:

Olly said...

Hi Teesa, Bill and little Sam,

Greetings from Sydney Australia!

I saw your blog link from the Brugada forum post and couldn’t stop going through all your stories and pictures. It is really heart warming and we’re deeply moved by your faith, courage and kindness. We were in tears seeing Sam’s picture when he just had the surgery and we are also so happy to read that he’s finally fever free as of last Thursday. It is an amazing journey you guys had so far and I am sure God will look after you wherever you go.

I was born in China but spent my university years in the states and also worked in Vegas and LA for couple of years before moving to Sydney Australia. I’ve been to NY but not Raleigh though. I was diagnosed with Brugada last year and had an ICD implanted. I’m feeling great right now but we also have a little boy which needs to be tested for Brugada as well. So far all the tests showed he’s fine but we need to keep an eye on him going forward.

Sorry for the long comment in your blog, we are just so moved by your story. Although we are not Christians (well, at least not yet), Sam’s health and happiness will be always in our mind! If you ever have a chance to visit Sydney, please do let us know, we will be honored to host you folks and show little Sam around. Maybe Sam and our son can be friends one day?

Take care,
-Olly