Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Thanks to Joy3!


We were thrilled to host a Christmas party this year at our home. Since our church has been gracious enough to allow us to live in the Clina Bailey House, we have to thank them for allowing us the opportunity to host the party in the first place!

Shelley G. had a great idea - she asked the class to bring ornaments to decorate our tree, and trees of future residents here. It came at such a perfect time, since I was feeling a little homesick for all my great ornaments, which are still overseas.

So, everyone from the Joy 3 class brought an ornament and we hung them all on the tree. As you can see from these pictures, they aren't just any ol' ornaments - they are all beautifully unique. Bill took some photos of them.










I packed them up today and put them in a box for future residents of the house. I only hope they will enjoy them as much as we did! I also placed a short note inside the box, honoring those who gave the gifts.

Thanks, again, Joy 3 - and thanks for your loving gift as well. You are a real blessing to us!


1 comment:

Jeffrey & Shannon said...

Wow, those are really beautiful ornaments - not at all like the Walmart Specials on our tree! ;) Nice pictures.