We called 911 and came to the hospital. It was here that we learned he had had a couple events before and after the shock that his heart was racing and his body was able to get out of the bad rhythm on its own. (Of course, God is watching over him.)
Once we were transferred to Wake Med's PICU to observe him overnight, he had another event where his heart rate went up to above 250bpm and then the defib shocked him. I observed that he had a few more events where the defib did not shock him, but he was scared and crying and I can't describe how horrible those events were for us.
He had a THIRD (you read that right) event while I was holding him about an hour and a half later where the defib shocked him again.
All of these have been APPROPRIATE shocks.
They are now trying to determine what is causing the high fever. Remember, any fever above 102 for Sam is going to get his heart racing and has potential to cause problems. He is obviously feeling bad now and looks bad too.
- pray for Sam's fever to get down and stay down
- pray for the doctors to know how to treat him
- pray for us, because we are greatly concerned
I will update the blog as I know more. We are in great distress right now, and we ask that you will think of our family as you go about your day and night.
Teesa and Bill
2 comments:
We are praying for you three!
So glad to hear Sam's fever finally broke! What a little trooper he is!
Post a Comment