He is on his way to a nap too. It should only be a few more moments - I am currently typing with one hand, so please excuse any mistakes.
I wanted to let you know what his cardiologist said yesterday.
The defibrillator saved Sam's life in the three instances on Sunday. I mean to say, Sam is alive today because God Almighty revealed to us in August that Sam's heart is very different. And He revealed it by extending Sam's life and granting us the opportunity to know him and love him more everyday.
And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren. Moreover whom He predestined, these He also called; whom He called, these He alos justified; and whom He justified, these He also glorified. What then shall we say to these things?
If God is for us, who can be against us? Romans 8:28-31
We were very concerned for Sam's life on Sunday. We are still a family in crisis, but your prayers have greatly comforted our souls. We can feel God's presence.
- Pray for healing in Sam's body
- Pray for our family, as the Lord leads
- Pray for my parents in Thailand, who are struggling
The cardiologist said Sam had something like 13 episodes that he came out of on his own, without the need for a shock, on Sunday. Each of them lasted about 1 second. It is becoming apparent to us that he knows what is happening and is quite uncomfortable. Also, his defib is in his belly (no room for it elsewhere in his tiny body). The doctor said that is the reason that his entire body gets rigid when it shocks him - because it is affecting a lot of the trunk muscles in his belly. It is very painful for him.
Sam is now much more aware of everything that is happening. He was greatly distressed in the hospital room and as soon as any nurse would come in he would scream. He had to have a catheter, an IV port, a chest X-ray and multiple medicines in order to determine what was wrong. That doesn't include the painful episodes of his heart. So, factoring everything in together, you can imagine why he is waking up every two hours needing cuddles.
Please also pray for his rest. I just laid him down in his crib and he has woken up again, but he's saying, "uh oh" and jumping around. So, I imagine he's having a little fun being at home again.
I'll keep you posted.
5 comments:
Dear Teesa and Bill,
I am a friend of Hugh and Hollie Carson...and I read about Sam on their blogsite - then went to yours. I will definitely be praying for Sam - he's a handsome little boy. I hope it is a comfort to know that he is in the hands of a wonderful Father who loves him so much...Sam is so courageous to endure all that's been through. I am the mother of 2 children - a boy and a girl(27 and 20)and even though I have not been where you - I know as a mother how much you long for your child to be well. I will let my church family know about Sam and we will pray for him tomorrow night at choir practice.
Blessings and comfort in Christ,
Von Rogers
We will indeed keep you all in our prayers.
on a lighter side :) you've just been tagged. :) come on over to see what you've been tagged for! ;)
love!
melissa
Thanks for sharing the details. I didn't realize this, but as I read your email I barely breathed. It was as if I was holding my breath and didn't even realize it until I started to comment. It was stressful just reading your post. I am so burdened for you and love ya'll so much. WE will pray fervently for you all. Sam is so dear to our hearts.
Hollie
For I know whom I have believed in, and am persuaded that He is able...
God our Father keeps showing Himself faithful. We'll continue not only to thank Him, but to intercede for you Teesa, and Bill, and Sam.
We are praying for sweet Sam...for rest and strength...and for both Bill and you, Teesa-that you will be able to rest even in the midst of caring for your little boy. And also for your parents...we are praying hard. Julie & Daniel
Post a Comment