Sunday, January 27, 2008

Emails from friends

We have gotten so many encouraging emails lately. It is so awesome to know that so many folks are looking out for Sam's needs and praying for his healing.

I have to give this testimony, since it is so important to the email I'm going to copy below. Several years ago, I met one of my neighbors while walking my dog. We lived in an apartment complex where most everybody was gone during the day and I had a little bit of a difficult time meeting other women. Well, this one neighbor was exactly my age (less than a month apart) and she had a six month-old who loved to play with our puppy.

We barely knew each other when I heard a knock at our door. She had locked her key in the apartment and asked if she and her son could stay in our apartment while she waited for her husband to return. It happened to be Thanksgiving Day, so we were able to share turkey with her (the first turkey she'd ever eaten) and also some stories about why we are thankful. Essentially, I told her I was thankful for receiving Jesus as my Lord and Savior. I told her I could tell her more about it, if she wanted to know more. She definitely did.

The next Monday morning I showed up at her apartment and shared with her about how her life could be changed forever by confessing her sins and professing that Jesus lived on the earth and died on a cross for her sins and raised to life again three days later. She couldn't wait to believe and we prayed right then and there in her living room. She immediately had questions about how God could help her in her marriage,because she was having terrible problems with her husband who drank and smoked and didn't respect her. I led her to a very specific verse in the Bible that talks about a woman leading her husband to the Lord through her actions. I ministered to her for a few months after that, reading the Bible with her and enjoying fellowship together. Unfortunately, we had to move to another city before her husband, or any family members believed.

Flash forward to a couple years later: She led her entire family to the Lord (her atheist sister, buddhist mother, and her husband)! Her husband quit smoking as soon as he believed, he also led his father, who died only months later of cancer. When Bill asked him if it was hard to quit smoking, he laughed and said, "no, I believed in Jesus and put down my cigarette." Easy as pie.

We got an email from him a couple days ago. Apparently we are still on their minds, as they are on ours. I wanted to share this email, because it shows how many people (in so many languages) are praying for our family right now. What a testimony to the Lord's blessings in our lives!

Hello, I was with a mutual friend today and asked about you and he told me about Sam's condition. I hope the Host is able to lead you and keep your child safe. Advocates, Jesus is versatile, we may trust Him, the Host is willing to keep you all safe . Also thank the Host He chose you to be His subjects. He causes us
together, without fear, to confidently approach His face. He knows all our needs. Thank the Host He tugs at our hearts.

No comments: