We took Sam to the pediatrician's office this morning, only to learn that there wasn't a single doctor in the whole building. Our normal doctor was out for personal reasons, so we saw a nurse practitioner instead.
Sam's cough is bad around the 1am-hour, which, according to the doctor we saw on Friday morning, sounds "croupy" (just like a past comment mentioned it could be).
Fortunately, it's all in his head. No, I am not saying Sam is making it all up, but I am saying it hasn't spread to his lungs. Praise God. Also, I took my thermometer with me this morning, because yesterday I was thinking, "this can't be right. Sam can't still have a low-grade fever after a week of being sick and STILL being on meds." As it turns out, my thermometer is working perfectly. I was a bit sad about this, but I was thrilled with his temp at the doctor's office. Are you ready for this? 98.7F
Plus, I stopped giving him Tylenol and Motrin in the wee hours of the night. So, that's no fever without meds. I am thrilled.
Sam's still got serious congestion and a bit of a cough, plus about four molars are coming through at once. I'm thinking we might be giving him Tylenol and Motrin again for his discomfort, but not for fever, hopefully.
Sounds like he's awake from his nap. It was a nice long one, so I'm hoping he'll be very pleasant over the next few hours.
Thanks again for your prayers. Keep them up!
No comments:
Post a Comment