I held him in my arms until about 4:30 this morning, when I switched off with Bill. It was then that I realized his fever had broken - my arm was soaking wet where his head was resting. The nurse took his temp and it was 99F. As I said, it's a testimony to God's hand in all of this.
All of his labs came back fine. They are assuming that he has a viral infection. As long as we can treat it with Tylenol and Motrin (alternately), Sam should be fine.
My eyes have been glued to the external EKG they've had him attached to. When he's awake, his heart rate is around 130bpm, when he is asleep it hovers around 100bpm. That's where it is right now. Anything below 250 is a good thing.
They have a little "hotel" room downstairs where Bill and I have traded places getting a couple hours of sleep. I just returned from my shift and I haven't spoken with the nurse or Bill yet, but Sam is sleeping in his daddy's arms right now. All is well with the world.
- pray for no more fever
- pray for a quick recovery
- pray for wisdom for the doctors
- pray for Bill and I, who are on an emotional roller coaster ride
Blessings and thanks for your emails and comments. We appreciate them.
3 comments:
Praise the Lord! (deep sigh). I've been thinking and praying for you three all morning. Oh, I'm so thankful that the Lord intervened. I know Sam has to feel better this morning. Please, PLEASE let us know if we can do ANYthing. Praying fervently today! Thank you for the update. When is the earliest you'll get to go home?
We were out of town and didn't know until this morning! God is so faithful, Bill and Teesa. You have experienced this more than most. I thank God for his faithful watch over your little one. In our weakest moments, He is STRONG! We will continually lift up Sam as he gets completely well. Sam is a testimony to the goodness and strength of God.
Love you 3 so much!
Oh Teesa! Thats such a relief. God is great and Sam is such a trooper. Give him lots of love from all of us here. Wish we could do more for you guys but hopefully our prayers will be answered and Sam will return home soon.
Post a Comment