Jeremy was the very first EMT to see Sam at the very first call we made the day Sam had the first seizure. He's also a Christian and a member at a local church, the same church where one of Sam's Medtronic representatives is also a member. That Medtronic's rep pulled us aside at the hospital after Sam had his defibrillator implanted and prayed with us. There are so many connections and miraculous events that happened through all of this, it's obvious God's hand has been on Sam for a long time!
Sam with Laurie and David.
They are members of our church and David is a fire fighter. The week Sam was diagnosed with Brugada and I was diagnosed with meningitis, and the subsequent weeks, Laurie was instrumental in us surviving. She organized all the food for us PLUS she made a little stuffed donkey for Sam that he loves playing with. They are AWESOME folks.
A couple weeks ago, when we had to call 911 again because Sam's defibrillator fired, David was on the scene first. He gave Sam oxygen. I didn't even recognize him at the time - I think I was in survival-mode and only focusing on Sam. It was neat being able to put all the pieces together later though.
Sam got to sit in the engine and turn on the lights too.
Looks like this hat might be a bit too big.
He walked all around the engine. He is so little compared to the engine!
Check out this tire, Dad! I can see myself!
David let Sam get into the side of the engine and showed him some of the cool tools inside. Sam fell in love with David tonight, and was already head-over-heels for Laurie.
Check out the hose!
Their jackets are cool too! Everything was so fun.
Thanks, again, to the folks at Bay Leaf and Six Forks fire stations! You saved our son's life more than once.
5 comments:
Teesa, I have tears in my eyes looking at the pictures from the fire house! Calls that involve children affect fire fighters and medics the most. Having you come to the fire house meant the world to them, I am sure! Cookies are just an added bonus. :)
Teesa, these are extra-ordinary people. It was a nice thought on your part to go personally to thank them. It does look like Sam was very interested too.
what a great thing for you all to document Sam's life experiences...
Love to you all!
Precious. That's so awesome.
Teesa, thank you for calling and letting me know about the sale in Raleigh. I would have gone had I not been alone on the weekend with Laney. I know what those lines are like and having only so many arms, it would have been tough. I wish the sale wasn't on the weekend or if my mom had come in, we would have gone. I bet you got some serious stuff. Way to go!
Oh wow, that is so amazing that God has truly orchestrated Sam's care from the very beginning. I think it is really nice that you guys are able to have a relationship with the folks at the fire house - and I KNOW your visit was meaningful to them as well. Thanks for sharing it with us.
Shannon
PS - those tires really were shiny - do they wash the fire engine every day?
Post a Comment