Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Another Snow Day

The weather has been quite cold here the last several days. Today's high was 27 and the low was 19. We already have an inch and a half of snow on the ground and it's still snowing.

Sam has been feeling so much better and I am trying to incorporate play dates into his routine again. On Sunday, we had some friends over who have two little girls (one only six days younger than Sam). He had a blast with them and even learned how to crawl into the bathtub by himself and play with his bath toys (we found him and Madi in there after some silence).

Yesterday we got to see Elijah for lunch. Elijah can say Sam's name now, and lots of other words. It was fun to be able to hang out with them after a week's long break.

This morning we went to the library for story time. There were only a few people who braved the roads to get there, but we had a great time. There is this little boy named Bobby who Sam has fallen in love with. He had Thomas the Tank Engine snow boots on, for goodness' sake. Who wouldn't love him? And his little sister is adorable too. Sam played with both of them for a long time today.

In other news, Sam's been coloring like a mad man. He started drawing hippos on Sunday.


Here he is with his masterpiece of the day. These Magnadoodles are incredible. Sometimes I have to snatch it from him before he erases it himself, so I can get a picture of what he's drawn. Just today he drew a crocodile with a chin - he described the whole thing to me as he was making it and erased it so quickly I couldn't get the camera. To be honest with you, it looked like a crocodile. I'm not sure how much that hippo looks like a hippo (he told us that is what it was), but the crocodile was dead on.
Sam was so happy to see another snow day. I haven't let him run out and play in the snow yet. First of all, he doesn't have boots or a snow suit. Second of all, I'm paranoid he's going to get sick. I know he needs to have his fun in the snow, but I need to be ready to let it happen first. If and when I find a snow suit and boots, it will be the first step in preparing my heart to let him play in it.

Here's a pic of our backyard this morning. What a beautiful place we live in.



2 comments:

noahandlylasmommi said...

wow it was 70 here today! we usually dont get snow until January. how fun. you will have a white thanksgiving and christmas :)

Jeffrey & Shannon said...

Truly a winter wonderland! I'm constantly amazed at how much energy you have, and how many activities and play dates you include in Sam's schedule. You're such a great mom, Teesa, really.